The Best of August and September
Apologies again for failing to add a blog in August, there is too little time and too many new posters to add! As per usual, over 100 brand new posters have been added each month to the inventory withthe highlights are showcased below.I will continue the marathon throughout 2022, including December, but for 2023, although there will still be hundreds of new items, they will be added in two or three large batches throughout the year.
On top of the 100 per month of general posters, we have added around 150, mostly British railway posters that are available in larger sizes.
The past two months have been fantastic and the improved visibility that the new Shopify store allows us has brought in lots of new customers. One subject that has been raised in e-mails, is the cost of postage outside of the UK. We are as frustrated as everyone else over this, but since Brexit and the introduction of the IOSS sales tax in the EU, prices have rocketed. We send via the cheapest, tracked, method. This is still expensive but the courier companies are facing increased costs since COVID and other world events, and those costs are passed on tothe customer. Hopefully, one day, the world will wake up and be sane again and then prices will fall.
Enough of the boring bits. Here are our latest highlights:-
1. Everyone loves The Flying Scotsman and real British Railway buffs love The Coronation Locomotive. Well here is the ultimate Railway Poster of The Coronation on The Flying Scotsman Route! Add The Walter Scott Monument and a pleasant blue hue and this is a wonderful piece of artwork.
2. This print was selling as soon as it hit the store. It's Oktoberfest season and Spaten are one of the main Munich breweries. What could be more Oktoberfest than a German wench carrying four steins of beer!
3. I love this one. It is an Edwardian advertisement for The British Vaccum Cleaner. Much more fun than the boring old Miele and Dyson ads you see these days.
4. It's the World Cup later this year and this poster takes us back to my teenage years when the tournament was in Spain. Each Spanish city that hosted matches produced a promotional poster and this is the one for Valencia. We also have listed the one for Valladolid.
5. When you get a poster promoting the giant heads or Moai of Easter Island, you need to display it. This brilliant design is for an ethnological exhibition in a Paris museum in the 1930's.
6. There are plenty of posters promoting The Red Star Shipping line which operated between Antwerp and New York, however this poster is all about the gorgeous art work. Recreating the blue and white tile designs you would see in countries such as Portugal, I think this is one of the most beautiful prints we have in the store.
7. We have plenty of Air India airline posters, but this one is a little different. It is a joint effort between Air India and the WWF (World Wildlife Fund not The World Wrestling Federation) to promote animal conservation.
8. Finally a nostalgic look back at one of the most iconic Military aircraft of all time, The Vickers Vulcan. This Cold War , British bomber was a sight to behold and this wonderful print recreates it's iconic design.